MadHacks is the University of Wisconsin's twice-annual hackathon, bringing together partcipants from all over the US for 24 hours of hacking. Unlike other hackathons, MadHacks is going to be putting emphasis on the wacky, the original, and the downright impossible!
This event is a 12 hour, beginner-friendly mini-hackathon that gives new hackers a glimpse into what hackathons are like. Although it is a shorter hackathon, we will still be having mentors, workshops, and prizes!
- All majors are welcome to participate
- Teams may have 1-4 members
Even if your hack isn't "finished" you should still submit it for judging. Build the best hack you can, that best demonstrates your idea, given the short time you have to build it. Your submission should include
- A 'functional' prototype or your software or hardware
- Links to website and/or GitHub
- Design documents, sketches, illustrations of your idea
- An explanation of your hack-- why did you choose this project to build today?
- What are your future plans for your hack?
You will be judged on the following criteria: Creative, Technical, Useful, Polished/Complete, Theme (When applicable)
Submit your hack well before the deadline-- you can update it until the deadline
NOTE: The official deadline is 8:30 PM! Please submit your hack before this time.